- When lighting your candle for the first burn, burn until the wax melts across the whole surface, creating a pool, this prevents tunnelling and creates an even burn throughout, allowing you to get the most out of your candle.
- Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours.
- Before lighting, always trim your wick to 5mm and remove any debris. This creates a cleaner burn and steady flame while reducing sooting and mushrooming.
- Always let the candle cool down to room temperature before trimming your wick.
- Avoid draughts when lighting your wick. This will prevent it from smoking.
- Never leave your candles unattended.
- Ensure your wick is always centred.
- Don't burn completely. Once burnt 2cm from it's base, do not light again.
GLASS WAX BURNER INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS
• Never leave a burning candle unattended or move it when lit.
• Remove all packaging before use.
• Only use with a good quality tea-light. Do not use with a maxi tea-light, votive or other candle.
• Keep the Wax Melt Burner and tea-light out of the reach of children and pets.
• Do not burn the tea-light or leave the wax melt burner on or near anything that can catch fire.
• Ensure the wax melt burner is well ventilated. There must be at least 6.5cm of space above the flame within the wax melt burner.
• Keep foreign objects out of the wax pool.
• Keep the tea-light wick trimmed to 3-5mm and remove any carbon build up.
• The wax melt burner becomes very hot during use, do not touch or move whilst alight or whilst wax remains molten.
• Extinguish the tea-light if the flame becomes enlarged, makes contact with the wax melt burner, or begins to smoke.
• Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Once extinguished allow wax melt burner to cool before moving.
DIRECTION FOR USE
• Place the wax melt burner on a level, flat, cool, heat resistant surface away from draughts, other heat sources and flammable objects. If used on a non-heat resistant surface damage may occur if the wax melt burner is used without a protective plate, tray or similar product.
• Position the wax melt segment on the top bowl of the wax melt burner.
• Insert a tea-light in the bottom base of the wax melt burner.
• Allow the heat of the tea-light to melt the wax and fragrance will release into the room. The wax melt burner will become hot while in use, do not touch while in use, heated wax can cause burns. Allow the burner to cool completely before touching or moving.
• Do not allow the pool of wax to completely evaporate so the top bowl becomes dry whilst a tea-light is still lit. This could cause the wax melt burner to scorch and (or) smoke.
• If wax remains in the bowl after use and you wish to remove the wax, wait until the wax cools and hardens, apply a small amount of warm water to soften the wax and then whilst using protective gloves gently place pressure on one end of the wax to pop the wax out.
• Let the wax melt burner completely cool before re-use.
• DO NOT USE METAL OBJECTS TO CLEAN OUT THE WAX. DO NOT APPLY EXCESSIVE PRESSURE WHEN CLEANING OR REMOVING WAX. THIS MAY CRACK AND DAMAGE THE BURNER. DO NOT PLACE THE BURNER IN A FREEZER.
• WAX MELT BURNERS BECOME HOT DURING USE. ONLY USE ON A HEAT RESISTANT SURFACE. IF UNSURE USE A PROTECTIVE PLATE, TRAY OR SIMILAR PRODUCT.